Thursday, May 20, 2004

Mad about fuel cost? -- Save 10% right now

Are you mad about the present cost of fuel? You can save about 10% or more on fuel cost right now, and help to stop global warming at the same time.



I am working on ways to reduce fuel consumption in transportation, such as reducing aerodynamic drag. So, I experiment with my car-- I measure my fuel economy all the time. Here are some facts about highway driving:



* Reducing highway speed from 70 mph to 65 mph saves about 8% of fuel.

* Reducting speed from 75 mph to 70 mph saves about 10% on fuel.

* At 80 mph, you are throwing fuel away. If you drive over 80 mph and push the pedal any time you feel the need, then you have the potential to save as much as 30% of fuel usage.



Hey, if you are seriously angry about the price of fuel, you can bring it down, if you can just relax a little when you drive. Give it a try. Let me know your results.



Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment